Sunday, October 25, 2009

from the bookshelf

As mentioned in previous post, Cowboy Up, I'll be pulling at random from the bookshelf -- tonight its Thomas Merton's Echoing Silence:

"I would say that there is one basic idea that should be kept in mind in all the changes we make in life, whether career or anything else. We should decide not in view of better pay, higher rank, "getting ahead." But in view of becoming more real, entering more authentically into direct contact with life, living more as a free and mature human person, able to give myself more to others, able to understand myself and the world better."

"... entering more authentically into direct contact with life... "

Today my direct contact with life was a talk across the fence with neighbor and son as the setting sun illuminated the golden glow of hickory tree leaves surrounding us.

What was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment