Friday, October 16, 2009

What's Your Footprint?

After my husband told me tonight that our average electricity bill is $52 a month, didn't know if that was good or not so good. So I went searching and tripped up on http://www.footprintnetwork.org/. A bit of a shock to find out that it takes 21.1 global acres of the Earth's productive areas to support my lifestyle (take the quiz and go for "more data" for more of the real deal). The site also calculates nature's budget -- as of Oct. 16 the world has used up 108% of nature's budget. Not so good. And about that average monthly? I found this question during my search -- "I'm going to be graduating from college ... and getting an apartment. What is the average monthly electric bill? And more importantly, how much would it be if I had 4 computers running 24/7? " Hmmm... more than 52 bucks I'd guess...
What's your average monthly bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment